Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Database Investigation
  • What did you create, and why? 
  • One activity I would use these databases for is for our animal research reports.  I particularly liked the SIRS Discoverer database and used the animal facts page.  The kids could navigate from there on their own.  I added it to my 3 x3 link. 

  • What went well for you?
  • I was also excited about the TeachingBooks.net website.  It is perfect for author of the month studies!

  • What was challenging?
  • I don't know why but I couldn't get into Britannica.  I was also disappointed by how difficult a lot of the reading levels are in most articles I encountered.

  • What did you enjoy? 
  • Taking the time to explore before I asked my students to.

  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? 
  • I will remind students and families to use these links for our research on animals and biography project.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you took on this Challenge, Jami! The databases are an overlooked treasure and I hope you share what you found with your colleagues. I'll work on finding why you weren't able to access Online Britannica because the articles found in this database are leveled elementary, middle, and high. Were you able to find your school user name and password?

    ReplyDelete