- What did you create, and why?
- What went well for you?
- What was challenging?
- What did you enjoy?
- What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate
I created a short animation on a couple of ways to produce the R sound. The R is commonly misproduced, and caseloads of elementary-school SLPs inevitably include students with R as their IEP goal. It is not intuitive for many of them, and finding creative ways of teaching them correct articulatory placement is always helpful. I found Powtoon to be pretty fun to use, but apparently upgrading to a higher version is necessary to use more of the features and have access to more menu selections. Figuring out timing was a bit challenging for my first animation, and I'd expect it will become more easy with experience. I think that using an external mouse would make it easier. Powtoon has a lot of potential as a learning tool and is a nice alternative to a more traditional slide show. https://www.powtoon.com/presentoons/gd2117YzXmA/edit/#/
No comments:
Post a Comment