Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Kahoot!

I created a Kahoot! account and my first quiz.  I'm new to teaching 5th grade this year so since I'm still familiarizing myself with the curriculum, I made a brief survey.  It's only 5 questions right now, but I plan on adding 5 more before I give it to the kids.  I'm looping up with my 4th graders from last year so this survey just asks them some questions about how we can do some management things differently this upcoming year.

For the most part the whole process went very smoothly and nothing was too challenging.  I had a couple hiccups with the page not loading when I wanted to go back and edit a question, but that's a common occurrence on any website really.

I enjoyed coming up with the questions and I thought it was fun and easy to add photos onto each one.  I also really liked the option of embedding a YouTube video for your questions.  This is a tool I will most definitely use with my students when I'm able to borrow more computers and can go 1:1 (with 2:1 they can play with a partner).  I may also play around with the idea of letting kids make their own to give to the class or a small group.  One of my teaching partners and I have already started talking about how we can share Kahoots! that we make.  I see myself making these for end of unit reviews in Science, Social Studies, and possibly for a Math Workshop station/formative assessment.    I know my 4th graders last year did these during their Library time so it should be pretty easy to get them going with it.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kahoot! and it can be used so many ways in the classroom. Would you please make your Kahoot! visible to me (otherwise I can't see it) or share it publicly? My user name is rose_maxwell.

    ReplyDelete