What did you create, and why?
I created a SWIFT Website to use in my math classroom. I have always used a website in order to keep parents and students connected with what we are doing in the classroom. However, I have used the website that the majority of MMS teachers are using. Our ELL teacher recommended we switch to SWIFT because it offers other languages. So I finally got my SWIFT site ready to use!
What went well for you?
I had a SWIFT website at a previous school and really enjoyed it. However, I changed over to the other site once I got to MMS. Since I have used both tools, it was quite easy for me to figure out how to make my website and get it ready to use.
What was challenging?
I had a bit of trouble connecting my Google Calendar but finally figured out I was hitting the wrong button! It is working great now and I'm thrilled it is all connected!
What did you enjoy?
I love getting organized and keeping my kids organized. I know the SWIFT website will be highly beneficial for my students.
Ideas?
My students will be accessing my website almost weekly. I'm excited for them to have access to their online textbooks and for gathering the needed documents from me without having to print anything off! This site will also be available to parents to have access so that they can keep up with what their students are doing in my math class.
http://teacher.edmonds.wednet.edu/mms/mrs-cummins-website
Your website looks great and the embedded Google Calendar will benefit both students and parents!
ReplyDelete