What did you create, and why?
I created a Google Calendar for my Geometry students and parents to use to show events that are coming up. Since we will be having new chrome books this year, I want my students to have easy access to a calendar that shows them when assignments are due and what tests are coming up.
What went well for you?
Since I have used Google Calendar for personal use, it was easy to follow how to set up the calendar and how to enter my dates. I have also used a calendar in the past on my website so the ideas were very similar.
What was challenging?
I'm not quite sure how I would use this with my SWIFT account (as I am still setting up a SWIFT account since I used a different website last year). I saw someone post that we can connect the Google Calendar to our website so I will be working on this once my SWIFT website is set up.
What did you enjoy?
I love being organized and also making it easy for parents and students to follow what is happening in class. A calendar is always useful.
Ideas?
I will have students have access to the calendar on their Chrome books, preferably bookmarked. I will also let parents know in my syllabus and at Open House about the calendar.
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=edmonds.wednet.edu_2164iieg7a58pfuna6qjr1hfd4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Vancouver
No comments:
Post a Comment