Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

Analyze My Writing

  • What did you create, and why? 
    • I explored the site "Analyze My Writing". Students often have a hard time reflecting on their own writing. Often as soon as they get done they want to turn it in. This might allow students to slow down and see some of the things that I look for in good writing. 
  • What went well for you?
    • It is a really easy site to use. I had no problem reading through the information and discovering the important parts. I think if I was going to have my students work on this site, I would have them focus on only certain pieces of information. Otherwise, it would be a bit of information overload and they still might not be doing a good job of analyzing their writing. 
  • What was challenging?
    • Trying to sort through all the charts and graphs to find the information that was really important and would be the most useful to students. 
  • What did you enjoy? 
    • How easy the website was to use. 
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? 
    • This would be another tool that would hep students go back and reflect on their writing. Since this website is so easy to use it might encourage students to slow down, take a minute, reflect, and make changes that could change the results of the analysis if necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment