Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Challenge: Google Calendar

By Marsha Scott

What did you create, and why?
For this badge, I created an English language learners’ calendar for students and parents. There are just a few important dates for ELL families, therefore I may have older students use this as a planner for their general education classes.
What went well for you?
I went through the district’s calendar and placed all significant dates for students and their families.
What was challenging?
The only concern I had was embedding the calendar on my Swift website, since other teachers had some issues. But after reading the directions, I was able to embed the calendar on my website without any problems.
What did you enjoy?
I enjoyed learning how to create a calendar and would encourage my older ELL students to create their own.
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
Since I have a school calendar on my website, I believe an ELL calendar would be confusing for ELL families. Therefore, I plan to teach my 6th grade ELL students how to set up their own calendars for class assignments. During teacher and parent conferences, my intentions are to explain the district calendar since translations are available.


No comments:

Post a Comment