- What did you create, and why?
I created several calendars for next year including 2 planning calendars for 2 courses I will be teaching and a Homework calendar to post on my website. Still thinking about the best way to do my planning and use this for communicating with students and parents.
I've been using Calendar for some time both personally and professionally. The online lessons were easy to follow and I learned quite a few new ways to use this tool.
Can't link the calendar to my Swift site. I keep getting this message: This is not a valid Google Calendar XML URL. Did you provide the XML URL? See instructions. This instructions on this page seemed to work: http://help.swiftclassroom.com/article/view/29
Seeing the ideas for using this as a lesson planning tool. I'm going to try that & hope that it will keep all the pieces in one place. I like that the Google calendar can be embedded in aSwift webpage.
- What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
I will be using the calendar in my Swift page to communicate with students and parents the goings on in my classes. I may try using appointment slots for students who need one-on-one support during after school hours.
Thanks for including the link to the Instructions that were useful for embedding the calendar. I hope that means you were able to get it finally after some troubleshooting.
ReplyDeleteHi Dana and Christa,
ReplyDeleteI'm currently working on this calendar challenge and I'm having trouble embedding it onto my SWIFT site. I followed the directions posted in this blog entry (thank you!), but I get stuck on the direction of "Back in SWIFT, paste this URL into your Google Calendar XML URL field". On my SWIFT editing page I can't seem to find where this field is? I feel like I'm missing something obvious because everyone else seems to be figuring it out...hahaha...I appreciate any advice you can give, thank you! :)
Erin
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHi Erin,
DeleteGo to this website and follow the directions for embedding your Google Calendar in your SWIFT site.
http://help.swiftclassroom.com/article/view/4#41-creating-pages
Scroll down until you get to Google Calendar.
Hi Rose! Yes, I tried those directions before, but when I get to the step that says "Back in SWIFT, paste this URL into your Google Calendar XML URL field", I don't know where to go on my SWIFT editing page to find the "Google Calendar XML URL field". I tried pasting the URL into the "Announcements" section to embed the calendar there, but only the address shows up so I don't think that's where the URL is supposed to go. ??? Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteErin