Challenge: Elementary
Online Databases
By Tiffany Hall
·
What did you create, and why?
I’ve made a plan for
using Teaching Books videos and articles to accompany several authors that I
study with my class the first month of school.
- Mo Willems: A video interview
with Mo Willems and short Biography article.
- Kevin Henkes: A video interview
and lesson plan to use after reading “Chrysanthemum”.
- Laura Numeroff: Lesson plan ideas
for several books. I chose the activity for story starters using a cookie
jar.
- Cynthia Rylant: A lesson plan for
reading the book “The Relatives Came”.
·
What went well for you?
- This is an easy site to use and
has many resources that will help engage students with the author studies
I do each year. I’m excited to use these new ideas.
·
What was challenging?
- Very time consuming; there are so
many resources that are great that I got lost in the site for hours
reading articles and watching author interviews.
·
What did you enjoy?
- The video interviews were great!
I feel like many of the authors are my friends now!
·
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students,
grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
- I will use many videos with my
students so they can see the author themselves. I will share this site
with staff that are looking for resources to use with books and authors; especially
my school librarian. I would like to link some information to my
newsletters and classroom website for parents to use some resources with
their children at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment