Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Challenge: Arts & Crafts

Challenge: Arts & Crafts
By Tiffany Hall

·                  What did you create, and why? 
    • I created an “Instant Classroom” http://www.superteachertools.us/myclassroom/  using the Super Teacher Tools website. This resource was listed on the list given to us on the challenge description page. I uploaded my class list from last school year to play around with the options. I’m able to make seating arrangements and print them out, while inserting images. I can randomly choose student names, and I can create different sized groups using student names.
·                  What went well for you?
    • The website is easy to use and is something that will help me immensely with day to day management. I’ve used “The Hat” for a few of the capabilities, but I wasn’t able to create groups, just make pairs. The seating arrangement tool is great. In the past I would make excel charts or try to play around with the Skyward tool, but I would always forget how to do this and spent way too much time making seating charts,
·                  What was challenging?
    • I don’t think there were any real challenges. This tool is very easy to use.
·                  What did you enjoy? 
    • I enjoyed playing with the different options and the ease of use. I will be using this tool a lot next year!
·                  What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? 

    • I will use this tool everyday with my students. I will share this tool with my staff. If parents wonder how groups are created or how I random call on students I can show them this tool. Of course I will still create groups and call on students using my own judgement for many things, but there are many times that I just want random groups created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment