Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Challenge: Arts and Crafts


Challenge: Arts and Crafts
by Katherine Ramsey

  • What did you create, and why? 
    I created an Instant Classroom here: 
    http://www.superteachertools.us/myclassroom.
    This website enabled me to create free-form seating charts (able to put desks in random places rather than just in rows and columns). I can also use this website to randomly call on students and great small groups. I envision using this website throughout the year.
  • What went well for you?
    Creating the classes was easy, using the random name generator and group creator were straightforward.
  • What was challenging?
    I had some initial difficulty with the seating chart. I created a layout that I liked and then pushed the button to randomly order the students. Since I hadn't pressed the SAVE CHANGES button, it reverted back to the original layout. Once I figured out that I had to save my changes before pressing buttons, it was very easy to create unique layouts for students. I haven't yet figured out how to 'share' my classroom; that might come in handy.
  • What did you enjoy? 
    I enjoyed creating the seating charts for next year and thinking about how often I would use the random name generator. I have an app on my phone that I use now, but look forward to having it on the computer so I don't have to use my phone.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? 
    I plan to use the random name generator and group creator portions of the website regularly with my students. I hope to be able to find a way to use it with teachers and para-educators. I don't see any way to use it for communicating with families at this time.

3 comments:

  1. I have used this tool for the random name generator and it worked great for presentations. The students didn't complain that it was their turn because the computer is the one that called their name. It was great! I hope the seating chart piece works for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how having "the computer" or "the app" choose order takes away the complaining part! I do love technology for that!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete