Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

SWIFT Classroom Website



  • What did you create, and why?
I created a swift site for my classes I will be teaching in the Fall. I haven't used SWIFT in several years and it was good to be able to have some time to rebuild one.I was able to link a Google Calendar - that will be a tremendous time saver vs. having to maintain 2 separate calendars to communicate.
  • What went well for you?
Exploring the various ways a page can be formed. I spent time investigating what the pages looked like in the department I'm joining and made some decisions based on what I saw them doing on their pages.
  • What was challenging?
Landing on what pages to provide. Even though reviewing what others were doing, I had a hard time reconciling just what would be most helpful for students and families and that I could maintain. The Google Calendar connection was difficult to make but I eventually figured it out.
  • What did you enjoy?
I enjoyed that the resources were available for me to do something I would have to do anyway. I feel good that my site is set up and waits for uploading of materials through the year.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
Though the Website I will be able to use the calendar to communicate on a daily basis for all students and their families. I chose to make the Announcements page in a blog format and plan for this to be a major way to publish my weekly letters I used to send home through email or paper. I'm wondering if it will replace all of it - that would be nice!

Link to SWIFT page

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a great start setting up your courses for the year. I like the idea for the Announcement Page and hope that you will find it as a useful communication tool.

    ReplyDelete