Google Forms
by Katherine Ramsey
- What did you create, and why?
I created a Google Form to use in order to get to know my students in the fall. I customized the theme and added an image in order to make it more interesting. - What went well for you?
Creating the form was pretty straightforward. Once I noticed the "customize" button when changing the theme, I was able to completely customize the form - colors, images, font type and size, and even background colors. - What was challenging?
When I first tried to insert an image, I thought it was part of a question. I was trying to find the box to check to make it a required question and couldn't find it. Once I decided to watch a training video on images, I found out that images are not part of questions but are on their own. I was able to insert an image and then asked a question about it. All better! - What did you enjoy?
I enjoyed creating the form and customizing it. I know filling out a form isn't anything awesome, but customizing it might make filling out a form a little less painful for my students (one can hope). - What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
I will definitely use Forms with my students to get their opinions on things over the course of the year and check their level of understanding with content. I am trying to think of a way that I can create a collaborative Form with the other two Learning Support teachers in my school. We could possibly use it to connect with families of our students to have them sign up for a meeting.
The form looks great. You will appreciate having all of the information automatically compiled on one document. In terms of collaboration with other teachers, create a new Form, select File, and then choose "Add Collaborators" from the menu that displays. Simply add their email address to the invite section. The person automatically is given permission to edit the Form and the Response sheet. Hope this helps and you find some more great uses for Google Forms. You can also use Flubaroo as an add-on to the response sheet to help score responses of students as well.
ReplyDelete