Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Challenge: Arts and Crafts

Challenge:  Arts and Crafts

James Caesar
Lynnwood High School

Random Wheel Student Selector 2015-2016
Formative Assessment Tool

1st period Honors Biology class URL Random Wheel            http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/51_LLchk7
Password:

3rd period Honors Chemistry class URL Random Wheel        http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/93_iKBbSm
Password: 

4th period Honors Chemistry class URL Random Wheel        http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/24_2RYQkG
Password:     

 5th period Honors Biology class URL Random Wheel            http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/60_RaMJgQ
Password:

6th period Honors Chemistry class URL Random Wheel        http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/68_JEH3HX

Password: 

  • What did you create, and why? 
I decided to use the Random Name Picker Color Wheel http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/
as my tool for this challenge.  I typically move around the classroom when I am teaching and will randomly stop in front of a student desk and ask them a question that pertains to the current topic.  I have always resisted the "popsicle stick" things because of the massive amount of sticks that I would need for each year.  With this tool I used my class lists to generate different "wheels" for each class. I will use this on a daily basis for formative assessment.  I am planning on setting up wheels for lab groups, 1-8, and then i can use this as well for asking lab group questions.
  • What went well for you?
The ease of setting this up.  I just copy pasted the url and password to a document so I can get back to the Random Wheel easily and edit as needed.
  • What was challenging?
Nothing.
  • What did you enjoy? 
I like that this is something that I can use that will add to my class and make question answering more like a game.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? See above ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment