Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Challenge: Google Slides

Challenge:  Google Slides

James Caesar
Lynnwood High School

  • What did you create, and why? 
I will be teaching biology next year.  One of the units we teach is on the difference between infrence and observation.  I created this slide show to go along with the unit Included in this Slide presentation is a short YouTube video to  help give students some vocabulary before the main presentation and then at the end to give them a review.  I plan on following this lesson up with the lab activity . 

  • What went well for you?
Again, what is working well is that I am able to apply what I know in a different way.  I feel this is important as the district seems to be moving to a Google model.
  • What was challenging?
Nothing really is too difficult about this challenge, especially if you are familiar with PowerPoint or Google Slides.
  • What did you enjoy? 
I will enjoy seeing the difference this program has to offer over PowerPoint.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? Please see above.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that if you select "Tools" from the menu bar and then "Research" a window to the left will open and enable you to research for images, quotes, etc... and then you can easily drag them to be dropped onto a slide. The link for the image automatically attaches to the picture. You can also search online images by selecting the Insert Image option.

    ReplyDelete