Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Google Calendar


What did you create, and why?
I created a general information calendar for EWHS. It is helpful for students and parents to see early release days and no school days. I can add more information as I attain it.

What went well for you?
Setting up this calendar was easy to use and edit.

What was challenging?
A challenge would be creating multiple calendars for my classes. This could be time consuming since I have 5 different classes.

What did you enjoy? 
The ease of editing and the color options and publishing options.

What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
I see using this for students and families, possibly with staff that are within my classes such as interpreters and paras. Then all of us would be on the same page with assignments, homework, plans.

3 comments:

  1. You may want to teach your students how they can create a google calendar for each of your classes. They'll be able to view the calendar on their smartphones and/or other devices. Once you create a calendar for one class you can copy events to your other class calendars very easily! Your parents and students will love having all your class info and due dates in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose, how can we have parents look into our Google Calendars that we set up for our Google Classrooms?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Birgit,
    Here's a link to instructions on how to share your class Google Calendar with families: http://teachingforward.net/2016/05/08/making-google-classroom-calendar-public-for-parents

    ReplyDelete