·
What did you create, and why?
- I created a slide presentation
for an introduction to enzymes for an AP Biology class: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1JJYAgQya697duDyzzRzrUb4KitIriTUvQbVUFIE3wiU/edit#slide=id.ga57f3d179_0_32
·
What went well for you?
- Everything went well in this
challenge. I will be using Google Slides more often in the future with my
students. I would like to rework many of my Powerpoint presentations into
Google Slides over the next few years, adding more video clips and
streamlining the presentations.
·
What was challenging?
- The most challenging aspect of
this work was just navigating through my Google Drive to review previous presentations, videos, and pictures.
·
What did you enjoy?
- I like inserting videos into the
presentation. It is more user friendly than Powerpoint. I also liked
practicing using Google Slides because my students prefer using this over
Powerpoint. I want to become more skilled
in Google Slides to be able to support students in the classroom while
they are working on a presentation..
·
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students,
grade level, staff or to communicate with families
- I teach 9-12 and all levels use
Google Slides for preparing presentations. Biology students prepare at
least one group slide presentation in the first semester and Google
Slides allows for their work to be highly collaborative. I want my students
to become proficient in using this app during their high school years. I
also plan to rework a Prezi that I currently use into a Google Slide for
Curriculum Night and post it on my website for parents that aren’t able
to attend that evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment