Google Calendar Challenge
By Tiffany Hall
What did you create, and why?
I created a calendar for
lesson plans for different subjects and for district calendar days.
What went well for you?
The lessons in the
training module were informational; with clear directions. I enjoyed lesson 1 and
9, which had video tutorials.
What was challenging?
Google Calendar is pretty
easy to use, so I didn’t have very many challenges. The sharing of calendars
seems very effective, but it would be interesting to train students to use this
at second grade level. I think many parents would be able to use it, but I
guess that I’m set in my ways of using a newsletter or my website to share
important dates. If people aren’t committed to checking their Google calendar
it wouldn’t be as beneficial for me to take the time to enter information. But
I will do it and see how it goes!
What did you enjoy?
I really enjoyed the ease
of creating events and planning lessons. I like that I can attach documents to
each event so that everything is all in one place and ready for me to use. I
could see this saving a lot of time when creating sub plans.
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students,
grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
I’m going to share Google
calendar with my students for due dates of weekly assignments and long term
projects.
I will share this with my
grade level team for collaboration/meeting times.
I hope that my principal
will use this tool to share staff meeting agendas and materials that we will
use.
With families, I’ve
created the district calendar dates. I will also create a calendar about “What
We Are Learning” to share units of study.
You shared some wonderful ideas. I hope that you find this useful for your classes. The shared calendar feature is pretty neat and students can also sync the calendar to their smart phones if they choose.
ReplyDelete