Challenge: Google Calendar
James Caesar
Lynnwood High School
- What did you create, and why? I created a Google Calendar for my Honors Chemistry and Biology classes. I will have my students check this calendar daily as part of our class routine. I plan on posting homework assignments and important dates on this calendar.
- What went well for you? Creating the actual calendar went well for me as I have experience working with the other district calendars.
- What was challenging? Linking the calendar to my teacher website was a challenging step.
- What did you enjoy? I already use the district's embedded calendar. Nice to see differences
- What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families? See my website, I use it every day to communicate with parents and students.
Hope that you find the Google Calendar useful for your classes. The entries included look good. It definitely communicates to students and parents what the day covered. Students can also create Google Calendars that they can sync to their phone which would allow them to copy any events such as due dates to their own calendar allowing them to set reminders.
ReplyDelete