Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

3x3 Links

  • What did you create, and why?: I created a 3x3 Links page for my Kindergarten students. This page serves as the new Homepage for our Student Tech Tools Laptop Computers. When the students login to the computer, they will open the Google Chrome Icon in the Task Bar, and the 3x3 Links will automatically load. This will make it much easier for the kids to locate the site they need to visit, without cluttering the desktop with unnecessary icons.
  • What went well for you?: It was easy for me to setup the 3x3 Links. I just cut and pasted the URLs for our popular sites.
  • What was challenging?: I wanted to assign a jpeg icon to each link, since not all of the kindergarten students are readers yet. I felt that having a recognizable image would help the kids remember the site.
  • What did you enjoy?: Now that we have been using 3x3 Links for a while, I really appreciate the ease in kids navigating to the sites on their own. If a student accidentally clicks on an advertisement or closes their page, they can easily go back to 3x3 Links and open their page again. I no longer have to troubleshoot for kids to reopen a site they have clicked-out of.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?: After adding this page to my classroom website, I also shared the link with families so that they could easily find all the pages we frequently visit. This makes it easier for the kids to use these sites at home too. Parents can store the 3x3 Links in their "Favorites" and pull it up quickly.

  • http://www.3x3links.com/engbert

No comments:

Post a Comment